What is SEO?
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”. It improves your website’s ranking in the “natural” results of major search engines. The natural results (also called “organic results”) are based almost entirely on the relevancy of your website to specific search terms, also known as keywords.
SEO in general is a plethora of technicalities associated with a website or a blog or ecommerce website (in reality all sorts of web portals including web apps and mobile apps) that relate to:
- Keyword research
- Link building
- Sitemap optimization
- Standards in web design
- Social network
- Content (Remember: Content is the King!)
- Traffic monitoring and actions
- Website optimization and tracking its performance
Why is SEO Important?
- 77% of search engine users click on natural listings before paid search listings.
- 72% of merchants who sell to local markets rate SEO as their best ROI tactic or a good ROI tactic.
- 74% of users had a favorable impression of brands that appeared in the top positions of the natural results.
What’s Included with SEO?
- Management: Your personal, experienced Marketing Program Manager is always accessible to answer your questions, provide feedback, and listen to your insights. Using our knowledge and customized tools, we recommend keywords that will maximize your campaign’s impact.
- Standard: Includes off-site link building, including social bookmark creation and article distribution, to help improve your website’s ranking.
- Aggressive: Unique blog posts or incremental articles on your web site brings it’s effectiveness with more inbound links, hence the higher search volumes or keywords.
- Reporting: SEO includes report tracking the progress of SEO keywords and placement on Google, Yahoo, and Bing, and plus other search engines including major social platforms.
(Major portion of the text modified from Bluehost)