Samsung released Galaxy S2 one and half year ago. Till then Samsung released its various products that runs latest updated software. The Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, which we can say a immensely outdated version of Android and runs a dual-core 1.2GHz processor which is still pretty fast when compared to most Android phones. Despite it’s great hardware and pretty fast processor it comes with outdated version of Android, which is a cause to worry or a bit distressing things for Samsung Galaxy S2 users. But now there’s a hope for Samsung Galaxy S2 users because Android 4.1 jelly Bean has been made available to Samsung Galaxy S2 users. You should thanks to Android Programmers for this.
[highlight color=”#6a2ff1″]Updated: Get the latest price of Samsung Mobile Phones here.[/highlight]
Before heading to the topic “How to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2” let’s take sometime to discuss about it’s features.
AOKP Build 5 ROM Based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Features
- Custom NavBar for Tablets. NavBar widgets are back from ICS
- Highly customizable lockscreen ring targets, with a shiny new editor in ROMControl
- Alternate default app picker (like in GB)
- Menu UI Overflow Toggle
- Option to disable vibration for Notification expansion
- RAM Bar in the Recents panel
- Time out and instant lock options for Slide lock
- Tons of beautiful new icons by Kwes
- VPN Traffic statistics in human readable format
Key Points to remember before installing :
- The procedure requires flashing your Galaxy S2 device which may void the warranty or even worse, brick your phone.
- Remember, the AOKP ROM and the instructions given in this guide are compatible only with the Galaxy S2 I9100 model and will not work on any other device. So make sure that your device is compatible.
- Do a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from the recovery mode.
- Samsung Kies will no longer recognize your phone after installing the AOKP build 5 based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, as it is a custom ROM release.
- Before installing, backup your device and make sure that you have installed the correct USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S2 as well as make sure that you have enough battery backup on your device.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 phone is factory unlocked and also verify that the device is rooted and ClockWordMod (CWM) Recovery installed on it.
- Remember and be clear about this, the guidelines provided here are meant only for reference purpose, this website cannot take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong during the process of installing. Please proceed at your own risk.
How to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2
- Enable “debugging mode” for this, go to, Settings>Application>Development. Make sure that you have adequate battery, minimum 85%.
- Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean and Google Apps for the Galaxy S2 I9100.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the Android 4.1.2 zip file and Google Apps zip file to the internal storage on your phone.
- Turn your phone off. Press the Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together in order to boot the phone in “Recover Mode”.
- In ClockWorkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe. After wiping all the data, browse your SD card using the “flash zip from SD card” command and hit the power button to select the file.
- Click the power button again and click “choose zip from SD card.” Use the volume keys to choose the Android 4.1.2 zip file that was copied onto the SD card. Use the power button to select it. Confirm the installation.
- Repeat step 7, but this time select the Google Apps zip file.
- Once the installation has completed choose “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. It will take about 5 minutes for your phone to boot. Be patient.
- Enjoy Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S2. If you have any further questions or concerns, we recommend visiting Team Android. They’ve posted a detailed explanation of the entire operation.
- AOKP Build 5 ROM based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S2 I9100. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
Source : Team Android