So how do you find out if you charger is faulty? Nokia advises the following three steps:
- Step-1: Every charger has a 27 digit code printed on it. Consumers are requested to Please Key in (CHG) SPACE (the 27 digit in the serial number of the charger). Eg. CHG 4956279274091613752;0675370
- Step-2: Please send this to 55555
- Step-3: Consumers will then get a reply from Nokia ‘via sms’ that will inform them whether their charger is included in this exchange program
The information here is retained for Nokia users in India. For Nepal, please visit your Nokia authorized showrooms or Neoteric Nepal.
Starting 10th November 2009, you can also visit any Nokia Care Center or Nokia Priority Dealership store to find out if your charger is one of the faulty ones. You can also visit: http://chargerexchange.nokia.com and fill in the above mentioned number to find out if your charger is one of the faulty ones.
If your charger is indeed identified as faulty, Nokia offers the following modes to get your charger replaced:
- Visit the nearest Nokia Care Centre: Replacement chargers are available at the 700+ exclusive Nokia Care Centers only across the country starting November 10, 2009.
- Consumers can also fill in their address and contact details online on http://chargerexchange.nokia.com. Replacement chargers would then be couriered to the consumers.