Maybe Twitter server were weak at security, maybe they may need to increase employers – to run the second largest Social Networking site (Facebook being the first). Twitter has recently sent a notification email urging users to change their passwords. Twitter HeadQuarters believe that they have recently been hit and many user’s accounts were exposed.
On an article My Account Has Been Compromised, Twitter group said for its support and troubleshooting section that if your Twitter account was hacked – you are to act for things right now. These may be some of the symptoms that your Twitter Account has been hacked, says Twitter HQ.
- Unexpected Tweets, of course on your account
- Unintended DM’s
- Suspicious activities of un/following users
- Direct email notification from Twitter saying – your Twitter email address has been changed (even tho’ you didn’t – wow.. how could Twitter stay push upon that)
So observe your account and act right now.
- Change the Twitter password
- Revoke Connections (go to Connections tab in Account settings)
- Update your new password in your trusted 3rd party apps
Never enter your password in a third-party service or software that looks suspicious – Twitting is all about this.