[How to] Update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 using ISO file
Whether you are an enterprise user or just a personal home user with Windows 8 running, you have options to upgrade to Windows 8.1. Wondering how to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 other than the official upgrade from the Windows Store. That’s a lucky case.
For many users, upgrading to Windows 8.1 from Windows Store might not be a viable option, where comes the option to Update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 using ISO file. You need to have an external ISO file – optionally a bootable disc.
[box title=”Interesting Windows 8 Topics” style=”noise” box_color=”#2329a9″]
- 25 unique features and improvements brought in Windows 8.1
- Top 10 features of Windows 8 in Infographics
- Top 10 missing features from Windows 8
- [How to] Update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 (other than Windows Store update)
- [How to] Add/ Change a Location on Windows 8 Bing Weather
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Windows 8
- [How to] Create an UEFI bootable USB drive or DVD for Windows 8
- A Basic Guide to Windows 8 for Dummies
Installing or upgrading to Windows 8.1 via ISO requires you to mount ISO files or boot from bootable disc. Ensure your Windows 8 device is power connected.
Windows 8.1 setup will ask you how to install or upgrade Windows 8.1. You have the options to keep or remove from existing user experience. The upgrade includes keeping Windows settings, personal files, and apps.