Understanding Nepal Telecom's Self-care Customer Care Service Interface for ADSL & WiMAX Broadband Services
It’s no wonder that Nepal Telcom has poor customer care services in all or most of their telco services. With ever increasing Internet population in the country, Nepal telecom has also been expanding their broadband Internet services.
However, managing a large number of customers is a deal. We are not going to point the good and the bad of Nepal Telecom’s customer care services which might be an another discussion topic, but exploring the potential of self-care customer care interface that Nepal Telecom has launched for ADSL and WiMAX services (and WiFi services in near future.)
What can be done via Self-Care Customer Care Interface?
One can log on to Nepal Telecom’s ADSL & WiMAX Billing and Customer Care by visiting their local network https://192.168.117.7:8443/ISCare/NewAge/H_home.jsp?null which obviously works when a user is using NTC’s Internet (This link pseudo secured on SSL.)
There are not much features that a customer can explore in UshaComm based Web Services for ADSL & WiMAX customers in Web self-care. However, common features shared by both ADSL and WiMAX services include the following:
- Internet Services detail – package name, Internet connection type, dates and the status of the service
- Change your NTC ADSL or WiMAX connection service password and customer care password itself (which by default is same as your username)
- Browse details broadband service properties including maximum possible bandwidth, balance validity, network path (Internetwork path of NTC), DSLAM Location
- Remaining payment balance for ADSL or WiMAX, or when to renew the service (which NTC calls Wallet Management)
- Detail product properties associated with ADSL or WiMAX, specifically contract dates, bandwidth, information on port binding
- Product properties for WiMAX includes bandwidth in KBPS, remaining Volume quota vs total volume quota subscribed for WiMAX
- All historical payment details since the start of your internet service along with receipt number
How to lodge complaint about NT ADSL & WiMAX?
Customers can file complaints about their ADSL and WiMAX Internet subscription via their self-care service. Just visit ToubleTickets section in the Billing & Customer Care Software interface. Choose the option to log a complaint. Our experience – we never received a call back call to fix ADSL problems nor an email reply from the Telecom.
Since the self-care customer service is available in English only, most of the users probably could not make it thru. Besides this, the interface is cluttered and customers will have to work little bit more to find what they are looking for. Plus, among other limitations, the periodic bandwidth usage reports are also lacking.
This article included some tips on using NTC’s self-care customer care system and how to get into detail of your ADSL & WiMAX accounts including to change your Nepal Telecom’s ADSL and WiMAX passwords. Share your say.